CCF is committed to an aggressive and proactive safety program to ensure the safety of every employee on its jobsite. To meet our objective, our team members must work together toward the common goal of seeing that all job site injuries are eliminated. Safety is a company investment, an investment that results in working the best that we can for the employee, customer and the company. There is no project so important or urgent that time is not taken to perform procedures in a safe manner. Our goal is to protect our workers and maintain a safe working environment. We believe that we must perform our jobs in the safest manner possible every day. Our commitment to safety includes ensuring that all of our employees have all required safety supplies and use well maintained equipment.
CCF has partnered with Bermac Risk Management to ensure that we provide the safest working conditions possible. As part of our safety program, Bermac and our superintendents make regular inspections of our job sites and checklists are provided to help our superintendents identify any problem areas. We strive to have everyone at CCF commit to fully supporting and adhering to our safety policies and everyone is held fully accountable for compliance with all safety policies and standards. Our superintendents make safety a priority every day by having daily safety updates and holding weekly toolbox meetings with their crews on the job sites. Toolbox Safety Talks cover basic safety rules as well as specific topics such as power tool usage and fall protection. We comply with all OSHA requirements on every job site. Each employee is certified in the correct use and proper operation of all company owned equipment and power tools. All CCF superintendents are: OSHA 30 hour trained, and competent persons in fall protection, excavations and scaffolding. Our superintendents participate in monthly safety meetings and also receive ongoing safety training with special classes and seminars. General safety guidelines as well as job-specific safety guidelines have been established to ensure that each employee, whatever his/her specific task, is educated and performs within the safety standards. CCF continues to revise and update its safety program to reflect the changes in the work place and innovations in the industry. Safety continues to be an essential part of CCF’s strategic planning.
CCF’s safety philosophy:
- All injuries can be prevented.
- Management is responsible for preventing injuries.
- Working safely is a condition of employment.
- All operating exposures can be safeguarded.
- Training employees to work safely is essential.
- Prevention of personal injuries is good business.
- Employees are empowered to identify and correct unsafe conditions immediately.
Safety communication channels:
- Frequent safety training at all levels
- Quarterly staff and superintendent safety meetings
- Weekly Toolbox Safety Talks
- Daily Safety briefings
- Incident/injury reviews
- On-site reference materials
Comprehensive safety requirements:
- Written safety rules and responsibilities
- Personal protective equipment (PPE) requirements
- Emergency planning/preparation and medical assistance program
- Safety training and education for every employee
- Daily site safety inspections
- Bermac safety inspections and checklists
CCF is a certified drug-free workplace and all employees must pass a drug screening test before being hired and are subject to random drug tests throughout their employment with the Company.